The Cabernet Sauvignon Series
1. You’ve completed the Intro to White Wines and the refreshing Riesling, grassy Sauvignon Blanc, and creamy Chardonnay.
2. Intro to Red Wines? Yes, you’ve tasted your share of elegant Pinot Noir, lush Merlot, and spicy Syrah.
Are you ready to dive in a bit deeper? We’re going to start delving into the world of Cabernet Sauvignon. In this lesson, you’ll learn about Cabernet Sauvignon from Italy, France, and Chile. You’ll also start learning about the winemaking process.
What do you need for this lesson?
- Wine glasses
- A computer/phone/tablet to access the courses (I think you’ve got this covered)
- The Montes Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile
- Italian Super Tuscan – Greppicante
- Cabernet Sauvignon from France – Plan des Savoulous
Feel free to do these lessons on your time – we know you’re busy! Each guided tasting should only take about 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
Outline of the Cabernet Sauvignon Series
- Fast Facts on Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cabernet Sauvignon History/What is terroir?
- Super Tuscan – the wine that was born from breaking the law + guided tasting
- Winemaking Part 1
- Languedoc Cabernet Sauvignon – quality wine coming from the biggest wine region in the world + guided tasting
- Winemaking Part 2
- Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile – where you are going to get the most out of your money + guided tasting
- Just the facts ma’am: Cab Sauv wrap up